The Swedish Dyslexia Association
The Swedish Dyslexia Association is a non-profit, national organization with members throughout the country.
The Swedish Dyslexia Association was founded in 1989. The members are primarily people who work with children or adults who have severe difficulties in reading and writing. Members include teachers, special educators, speech-language pathologists, doctors and psychologists. The Association, though, is open to all.
The association aims to:
- Spread knowledge and awareness of dyslexia
- Put current research into practice in educational settings
- Monitor and safeguard the interests of people with dyslexia
This is accomplished by:
- Publishing the journal Dyslexia - Current Issues in the Field of Reading and Writing Disabilities.
- Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with authorities and different actors in the field
- Arranging educational programs on dyslexia
- Supporting projects dealing with dyslexia-related educational methods
The Swedish Dyslexia Association works in close cooperation with the Swedish Dyslexia Foundation which consists of internationally prominent researchers who shed light on problems related to dyslexia from their particular fields of expertise. The Association collaborates with the Swedish Federation for Persons with Difficulties in Reading and Writing/Dyslexia (Dyslexiförbundet FMLS), and the Parent Association for Children with Dyslexia (FDB).
Ph. +46 8-43746239
Peter af Trampe
Address: The Swedish Dyslexia Association, Surbrunnsgatan 42 1tr ö.g., S-113 48 Stockholm, Sweden